Saturday, June 11, 2016

GLORIA NAYLOR: Targeted Individual

,

Gloria Naylor: TI

I have included this entry about author Gloria Naylor because as far as I know, she is the only well-known or ‘famous’ Targeted Individual who has shared their story with the public. And although I have never personally spoken to this fellow black woman–her story of U.S. government covert harassment resonates. It is also my story. And probably the story of the other untold numbers of black women whom I believe are being disproportionately targeted with this technology. Curiously, 1996 is the year Ms. Naylor mentions as the beginning of her targeting. It is also the year I moved cross-country from Michigan to California.

Gloria Naylor is considered one of the leading African American writers of our time. She has written for theatre, film, and television, and is the author of six novels, including “The Women of Brewster Place” which won the national book award in 1983. Her books have been translated into twelve languages and are taught at college campuses throughout the world.
But in her book, “1996″, she details the horrors of the year in which she first became a target of government surveillance, psychological warfare and ultimately electronic mind control.
Source: http://lissakr11humane.com/2012/12/16/gloria-naylor-targeted-by-the-us-government-video/
Listen to Ms. Naylor’s 2010 audio interview discussing her experience as a US government Targeted Individual, with Greg Szymanski of the Arctic Beacon Journal here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/5864580
The below is a letter written & signed by Gloria Naylor in what appears to be an official plea for help from the then NY State Attorney General. As a TI, I undoubtedly can guess what resulted from her sincere plea: the same thing that has been the result for the vast majority of TIs–nada.
A letter to Attorney General
January 9, 2007
Attorney General
Organized Crime Task Force
Attn: John Dormin
Capital
Albany, NY 12224
Dear Attorney General:
I am a native New Yorker and have resided in the state for my entire life. I graduated from Brooklyn College in 1981 and went on to earn my Masters degree at Yale University. I have had a long and successful career in the arts. My work in the theater has earned me honorary grants from New York State; but it is primarily in the field of literature that I’ve made my mark. My various novels have received many awards, among them a Guggenheim Fellowship, and my first novel, The Women Of Brewster Place, won the National Book Award in 1983 and was made into a television miniseries by Oprah Winfrey. I have tried to live a peaceful and law abiding life; tried to give back to my community and to the world through teaching at various universities and through touring for the United States Information Agency in Africa and India. So I am in a quandary as to why in 1996 I first became a target for constant surveillance, organized harassment, and ultimately assault by electronic weaponry.
The surveillance began in Beaufort, South Carolina, where I was researching a novel and continued when I returned to my home in New York. Six months into this experience I began to “hear voices.” Among the many messages were exhortations to kill myself. And I did what I would suggest anyone do under such circumstances: I sought medical help. After almost ten years, three psychiatrists, and prescriptions of haldol, a chemical reason for this condition was ruled out by professionals. That is because the reason was technological. But that was beyond their pervue. I do not believe it is beyond yours; because my circumstances make me the target of an organized and concerted operation to deny me my civil and human rights.
Over the years I have calmly and systematically tried to bring various elements of my plight to the authorities I felt would be concerned with it: The surveillance and wiretapping to the attention of the local police, civil rights attorneys, human rights organizations, and the progressive press. The technological abuse I brought to no one because, while there is knowledge of its existence, and knowledge of decades of experimental abuse of emerging technology on unwilling citizens, there is nothing concretely documented about this current wave, I am in the midst of history in the making; and like COINTELPRO and MKULTRA and the radiation experiments from the 1950′s to the 1980′s, I stand as one among many who have had their lives and their sanity disrupted and often destroyed. But I also stand as a resident of New York State; and I am bringing to your office a declaration of these human rights abuses on one of your residents.
Respectfully,
Gloria Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment